Day Two.

I started off the morning feeling pretty good. No carb flu feeling, yet. Made this breakfast casserole yesterday so I can enjoy easy breakfasts with limited amount of clean up all week. Naturally, Sunil know wants to have it too (since he realized how good it is with a little Frank's Red Hot drizzled on top). 

Without my usual Diet Dr. Pepper to use as a mid-morning stimulant, I'm happy to say I have found the joy - warm-in-your-hands joy - of Teavana Jade Mint Citrus Green Tea. And they even sell it at Starbucks! Yep, this single tea has turned me into one of 'those people' sitting with my work computer at Starbucks. 


Flash forward to tonight. I was still feeling pretty good. No headache, no grogginess. Energy was there. So I decided to take on a recipe I'd planned for later in the week and swap it with one of the pre-made ones from yesterday. I figure there's a good chance the carb flu is coming. It's just been caught in January Whole30 traffic. 

This recipe was intense. More so with a busy toddler demanding attention and wanting to help with every step. We are about to sit down (8:45) to eat and watch a little WestWorld too. 


Meanwhile... my husband was finishing up his big week-long project. He built a console table with storage space for our girl's ever-growing selection of toys, puzzles, blocks. I love it! I wasn't allowed to see it until just now, so it was a welcome surprise at the end of a long day. 


And as I wrapped up dinner, my husband did the few remaining dishes, while I put our girl to bed. 
And the headache is just creeping in. Little spurts of "oh, that doesn't feel too good". 

We will see what tomorrow brings. Day 3, we are ready for you. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Zero: Preparation

First Things First

Day 4