Working Mom

Monday is a day I've been both eagerly awaiting and dreading - depending on the moment you ask me.

After two glorious years home with my daughter, I am returning to the professional working world. I say "professional" because, let's be honest, two years at home with an infant-turned-toddler isn't for the faint hearted. But I digress.

It's really starting to sink in for me. Especially as I type this post, at my new desk, staring out the window. I'm thinking of all those projects I'd planned to do but just never got around to...probably due to a nap.

I'm thinking of getting our lives organized so that this change won't completely knock us on our asses. I'm prepping my husband for the changes he is in for. No, I can't drop off your dry cleaning/pick up you prescription/run to the store/etc.

I'm worrying over our daughter who, until now, has only been away during brief Mother's Day Out days or our few vacations. No more random front yard picnics on a Monday because the weather is nice. Or morning trips to the park before we start our day.

And those things, although they seem little, and yes I can do them on the weekends now; those things are going to be what tear at my heart the most.

So, before I get too into this post and start crying and call and tell the office I've changed my mind, I'm going to head outside to tackle a couple of those long-neglected projects. And snuggle my girl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Zero: Preparation

First Things First

Day 4